Welcome to WebSPIRS 4.3
WebSPIRS (SilverPlatter's Information Retrieval System for the Web) lets you use your web browser to search SilverPlatter databases.
This guide shows you how to get started with basic WebSPIRS searching.
Don't forget you can also get detailed help while you search by clicking on any WebSPIRS page, or on the WebSPIRS toolbar.
You can also get information about a particular database you are using by clicking
Searching for Records
- Selecting the Databases You Want to Search
- Searching for and Displaying Records
- Using Limits to Narrow Your Search
- Changing the Way Records are Displayed
- Using the Search Builder
- Using the Index
- Using the Thesaurus
- Getting Suggested Search Terms
Using your Records
- Using SDIs (Selective Dissemination of Information)
- Using Alerts
- Using SilverLinker to See Full-Text Records
- Seeing Local Library Holdings Information
- Getting Copies of the Documents (Document Delivery)
Note: Some of these features, and the way you use them, depend on the database you are using and your WebSPIRS configuration. For example, SDIs, Alerts, SilverLinker full-text links, information about library holdings, and document delivery are only available if your system administrator has set up these features for you.WebSPIRSTM 4.3 Quick Start Guide
Copyright © 2000 SilverPlatter International N.V.
All rights reserved.
SilverPlatter Information, Inc.
100 River Ridge Drive
Norwood, MA 02062-5026, USA
TEL: 781-769-2599 ,
SilverPlatter Information, Ltd.
20 Belmont Terrace
W4 5UG England
TEL: +44 (0) 20-8585-6400
FAX: +44 (0) 20-8585-6640
Web site: www.silverplatter.com