Searching for and Displaying Records
Now you can search for records and display them.
The Search page opens immediately after you select the database you want to search, or you can click on the WebSPIRS toolbar.
- Type a term or phrase in the Find: box.
- You can combine your terms using operators. Then a record is retrieved only if it includes:
- All the terms separated by AND.
- Any or all of the terms separated by OR.
- All the terms separated by ADJ, if they are next to each other, and in the same order.
- All the terms separated by NEAR if they are in the same sentence (in any order). A number after NEAR specifies how close the terms must be.
- At least one field containing any terms separated by WITH.
- A record is not retrieved if it contains any of the terms following NOT.
- Use parentheses to group terms if you are using two or more operators in the same search. Add * to a word to find records containing that word followed by any number of characters. Use ? to find records containing that word with 0 or 1 characters replacing ?.
- Click Start Search.
- WebSPIRS searches the database for your term and automatically displays any retrieved records (unless you change the immediate record display option). WebSPIRS automatically updates your search history after each search you perform.
- Click the "Display" link in the Search History pane to display records from any of your searches or rerun searches against new databases.
- Use the buttons at the left to combine or delete search statements, save your search history, or access your SDI account.